In an encouraging development for Missouri labor union members and progressive activists, a solidarity rally on March 11 drew more than 4,000 people to downtown St. Louis. Outraged by anti-labor bills pending in the Missouri legislature, and inspired by activism in Wisconsin and other states, trade unions, teachers and individual activists pulled together in a show of solidarity not seen in recent years. Here’s a brief video to give the flavor of the event.
Occasional Planet’s orbitLooking at current events, people, politics and government through a progressive lens
Occasional Planet connections
Other progressive blogs
- Crooks and Liars
Open Thread with C&L&...: Happy Saturday night, folks! Here's this week's p...
- Dangerous Intersection
Mid-life lessons: At the NYT, Pamela Druckerman tells us some of the...
- Progressive Blog Digest
LONELY: The national anti-gay campaign is losing steam ...
- Show Me Progress
Campaign Finance: friends: Today, at the Missouri Ethics Commission: C031159...
- The Borowitz Report
Arizona Governor Vetoes A...: PHOENIX (The Borowitz Report)—Arizona Govern...
- The Reaction
Bruce Springsteen tackles...: By Michael J.W. Stickings Yesterday, Bruce Springs...
- Crooks and Liars
- Michael Berg
- Gloria Bilchik
- Joan Brannigan
- Nick Burbules
- Christopher Burke
- Bobbi Clemons
- Susan Cunningham
- Mike Davis
- Mary Di Valerio
- Barbara Finch
- Lindsey Garner
- Madonna Gauding
- Bill Kesler
- Willy Kessler
- Lisa Granich-Kovarik
- Frank Kovarik
- Arthur Lieber
- Nicole Lopez
- Ann Mandelstamm
- Hafsa Mansoor
- Stacy Mergenthal
- Abby Mitchell
- Joanna Sandsmark
- Renee Shur
- Steve Sorkin
- Randy Turner
- Progress Women
Who am I?
In case you missed it
- Missouri Republicans copy-cat Arizona’s anti-gay, “religious freedom” law
- A personal political journey from R to D
- George W. Bush discovers—rather late in the game—empathy for soldiers he destroyed
- From welfare to riches to (corporate) welfare
- Photo voter ID could be enshrined as a constitutional amendment in Missouri
- Banning straight marriage in Oklahoma
- Why insurance companies will undermine the Affordable Care Act
- The nothing Republican agenda: Progressive Blog Digest
- Robert Reich: The war on the poor and working class, in 2 min., 15 sec.
- How a new North Carolina gun law hurts women and teens
- Voting news: No more microscopic type on New York City ballots
- CVS stops selling cigarettes: A look at some unintended consequences
Like us on Facebook!