In an encouraging development for Missouri labor union members and progressive activists, a solidarity rally on March 11 drew more than 4,000 people to downtown St. Louis. Outraged by anti-labor bills pending in the Missouri legislature, and inspired by activism in Wisconsin and other states, trade unions, teachers and individual activists pulled together in a show of solidarity not seen in recent years. Here’s a brief video to give the flavor of the event.
Occasional Planet’s orbitLooking at current events, people, politics and government through a progressive lens
- Crooks and Liars
'Killing Oswald'...: By my count, there have been 44 documentaries, doc...
- Dangerous Intersection
On the need to pretend th...: As I watched these guys in the park today, I was r...
- Progressive Blog Digest
THE REAL WAR ON CHRISTMAS: It's that time of year again: wreaths and shopping...
- Ramona's Voices
The Politics of Cruelty: I'm coming off of my Thanksgiving week high, settl...
- Show Me Progress
White House Petition: the...: At the White House petition site: We petition the...
- The Borowitz Report
Hubble Telescope Sends Ba...: HOUSTON (The Borowitz Report)—NASA’s H...
- Crooks and Liars
- Michael Berg
- Gloria Bilchik
- Joan Brannigan
- Nick Burbules
- Christopher Burke
- Bobbi Clemons
- Susan Cunningham
- Mike Davis
- Barbara Finch
- Lindsey Garner
- Madonna Gauding
- Bill Kesler
- Lisa Granich-Kovarik
- Frank Kovarik
- Arthur Lieber
- Nicole Lopez
- Ann Mandelstamm
- Stacy Mergenthal
- Abby Mitchell
- Renee Shur
- Steve Sorkin
- Randy Turner
- Progress Women
Who am I?
In case you missed it
- Pope Francis makes headlines by making us think about poor people. Imagine that.
- Southern ministers lose their Christianity when it comes to Obamacare
- Dirty tricks: California GOP’ers set up fake health-exchange site
- Waiting for the next revolution: What “The Chicago 10” taught me about modern America
- Obamacare has a second chance to get it right: Progressive Blog Digest
- Women will lead the way
- No milk in the dairy case? Climate change is to blame.
- More “compassionate conservative” BS
- Reactions–left and right–to the Iran deal: Progressive Blog Digest
- Dems: Stop being “disappointed” and defensive
- What winning feels like: Progressive Blog Digest
- What it’s like to be a 12-year-old activist
Like us on Facebook!